1. What is the Referral Program?
Thank you for helping to grow our community. From time to time, We (“West Coast 420 Express”) may invite you to participate in our referral programs to encourage people to use the website. Participating in a referral program (either by referring your friends or family or signing up with a referral code) can be a great way for users (collectively “Dispensary users”) to receive store credits, other discounts or earn extra money (each a “Referral Reward”).
The Referral Program terms and conditions (the “Rules”) apply to referral programs that are administered solely by West Coast 420 Express. By accepting and sharing your referral code or by signing up with a referral code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any of our referral program (now or in the future), but could also result in the forfeiture or retraction of store credits, money, or other rewards earned through the program and even the deactivation of your account.
In addition, there may be other terms that apply to your Referral Reward based on the city where you signed up, including what actions you may need to take as well as the type and amount of the Referral Reward. See the additional terms that came with your invitation or those provided in our app or website when you made your referral.
1. Who is eligible to be a referrer/inviter?
Anyone may be a referrer/inviter who (a) is a Canadian resident, (b) 19 years of age or older, and (c) has an account in good standing. Referrers/inviters can be any type of user; however, they cannot have more than one account on our website.
2. Who is eligible to be a referee/invitee?
Your friends, family, and other people you know (but not yourself) may be eligible to be referees/invitees. To determine eligibility, keep in mind the following stipulations:
Eligible referees/invitees for those who order products through the website:
To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who orders products through the website, your referee/invitee must (a) be a new user of our website, (b) 19 years of age or older, and (c) complete the actions required by the specific referral program (purely for example purposes, placing an order online via our website).
Referrers/inviters cannot: place an order themselves as a user or other user, create duplicate/multiple accounts, or do anything else prohibited by our terms and conditions as updated from time to time and can be found here.
If you are providing us with the contact information for your referees/invitees, you represent that you have the right to provide that information.
3. How can I use my referral code?
We have the right to limit the number of times you may use or share your referral code based on the referral program in which you participate. To see if your code has a limit, refer to the terms of the specific referral program in which you are participating.
We want you to share your referral code and earn Referral Rewards, but referral codes must be used only for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your referral code only with people you know. You agree that you will not:
- Duplicate, sell, or transfer your referral code in any manner or make it available to the general public (such as by printing it on business cards; posting it on a coupon website, job website or using it as part of a job application, including but not limited to the following website and applications Amazon, EBay, Fiverr, Craigslist, RetailMeNot, Reddit, Wikipedia, Gumtree, Moneysavingexpert, Groupon or using paid social media or paid search);
- Try to get referees/invitees by spamming, bulk emailing, or sending large numbers of unsolicited emails. The only people you should be emailing are people you know personally;
- Use, display, or manipulate our intellectual property (such as logos, trademarks, and copyright-protected works) in any way, except as to identify yourself as a user, referrer/inviter, or referrer/inviter for us;
- Create or register any (i) businesses, (ii) URLs, (iii) domain names, (iv) software application names or titles, or (v) social media handles or profiles or any of our other trademarks or any words that are confusingly similar to our trademarks.
- Use our trademarks as your social media profile picture or wallpaper or use any of our copyright-protected works (such as graphics, photos, images, drawings, and screenshots from our website) without our express written permission;
- Purchase keywords (including, but not limited to Google Ads) that contain any of our trademarks;
- Use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post, or otherwise share your referral code;
- Use scripts or programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or otherwise share your referral code;
- Make misleading claims about us, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/webpages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your connection to us, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to get a referee/invitee to use your code; or
- Use your referral code in any manner that violates the law or the rights of anyone else.
Remember, when you share your referral code, you should explain that you are a referrer.
4. How do I earn my Referral Reward as a referrer/inviter?
Referral Rewards are discretionary and the amount of a Referral Reward and the requirements to get it can vary. Please note that although you can invite someone in Canada, you cannot invite anyone outside of Canada.
We reserves the right to set a limit on the number of times you may use your referral code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of, Referral Rewards are subject to change at our sole discretion. Referral Rewards in the form of store credits are not transferable, have no cash value, and may expire.
5. How can I earn a Referral Reward as a referee/invitee?
For users with an account in good standing, referees/invitees may get a discount the first time they place an order on our website. The amount and form of the discount will be shown in their invitation. The terms of those offers will be shown in their invitation.
6. Termination and changes
We reserve the right to change, end, or pause, in whole or in part, any referral program, as well as any referrer/inviter’s or referee/invitee’s ability to participate in any referral program or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee/invitee), abuse, or any violation of these rules as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and the website. If we end any referral program, any unused or unredeemed Referral Rewards may be forfeited at that time, provided we give you 14 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Rewards.
We may update these rules at any time. If we make an update, we will post the update on our website and applications and provide you notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral program after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.